8.16.2006

Getting into the grove...

First day back to school...so far so good. I don't know why I have lots of anxiety. I fear I will have forgotten what to teach and then, when I'm facing all those students it miraculously comes back to me and I'm reminded that I do still have it in me. My mum bought me some cute new clothes for my b-day. She's so sweet; I love my mum! I felt so cute & confident. Seriously, I don't know what I was whining for. Things are seemingly falling into place for me while they are a lot much worse for other people. I have much to be thankful for. Something's been in the air. Stressful time of year? I know I'm not the only one feeling it, but it does feel good to be back at work. I'm reminded how much I really do love my job. It's gonna be great; I've got some good kiddos. Our superintendent said to us, "when you're having the worst morning ever before you begin your day at school and you have 25 faces looking back at you, remember that those are possibly 25 other worst mornings." It was something to that effect and it's so true. Everyone has their demons they fight everyday, some worse than others. I always come out of my ruts with a positive outlook. It's an endless cycle. It's life. Sometimes to feel melancholy is to feel alive. It's healthy to have a good cry every once in a while; it's cleansing. Then you move forward, usually with a new insight. My point is, there's nothing to worry about. :)

2 comments:

Rachel said...

You are so right, Caryn. Everything happens for a reason. Whatever happens we always come out stronger people for it!!! Hope you are having a great day!

smoochgirl said...

thanks, sweetie! :)