8.14.2006

sweet & sour

First the sour since it's big on my mind: I found out today that the daughter of a former colleague committed suicide on Friday. It's just so hard to believe since she seemed to have her head on her shoulders. I didn't know her well, but she substituted in my class whilst I was on maternity leave year before last, and I taught with her mother, Nancy, before she retired. Obviously, you cannot ever be too sure of anyone. This makes me realize how important it is to establish a rapport with EVERY student I have, as you never know what's going through their minds. I try to remember that no matter how bad of a day I have, it can always be worse. And to hug my kids and my husband and tell 'em I love 'em every day. I also say a prayer for 'em every day, usually when I'm waking up or driving to school. God, I feel so bad for Nancy-she lost her baby girl (26 yrs old)! I cannot imagine the pain and suffering she's going through right now. Nancy, you're in my thoughts and prayers. She and Natalie were close. God bless their family!

On a more positive note, I have a cute baby story: I was feeding Baby (remember I'm not using personal info) last night bits of the pizza I made for dinner. I gave him a bite of red bell pepper, and he spit it out after making a funny face. The next bite was of bread and as soon as I placed it in his mouth, he reaches in, and pulls it out. I said, "no, it's not yucky!" thinking that he thought it was another bite of pepper. He stretches his arm out with the bread in hand, drops it on the floor and exclaims, "i dutee!" or "it's yucky!" Then he just grins at me! Little stinker!

No comments: