9.25.2006

30 Years Young...

It's everything it's cracked up to be and more. I'm enjoying now life more than ever. I still feel young at heart (and look it to :)) yet feel I've gained more insight on life throughout the decade. I guess I feel wiser, but still have much to learn. Some people have said they cried when they turned 30 and my husband went through a nostalgic phase. If anything, I feel more liberated and free to be me. I feel I have much to look forward to.

I went to the grocery store yesterday and the cashier (a young man) asked for my ID when I brought a bottle of wine to the counter!! I kind of chuckled a little and he asked, "what, you don't get carded?" I said, "I just turned 30!" "I never would have guessed!" "That's awesome. Thank you so much!!" I still get mistaken for a student on occasion. Fine by me, if I can actually pass for a 20-yr-old?!!!

No comments: