9.10.2007

It's Official: I'm a Photo Geek

So I swallowed my pride and decided to join the Photography Club of The Woodlands. Yay me! Check it out: I'm in the "New Member Spotlight" on the site! (tee hee) Meetings are held monthly and I think they'll be somewhat interesting. If anything, I can learn something new and meet other photo enthusiasts. Or just get outta my house and take a break from my crazy boyz! Last month, I met a nice woman about my age (we were the youngest people there!) who is also interested in starting a photography biz, and we had a speaker tell us how to create a bird sanctuary in our backyards for nature shots. Whoop-di-doo. Tonight's topic is nature photography (in Africa). Joy. Not that I don't appreciate nature, I mean, I absolutely love critters and anything having to do with the outdoors. My personal style is more expressive than immitational though. But I'm open to learning, networking, and possibly making new friends. Plus, they have regular photo exhibitions so I can hopefully gain some exposure. I'm entering the annual competition at the end of the month. Wish me luck! If anything, the group takes cool field trips to places like wineries. We at least have similar interests there! Now for the PC: It is a positive way for me to become involved more in my community (not to mention another line on the ol' resume).

1 comment:

ko said...

Remind me to go to the next meeting with you, PLEASE!!!!!