11.17.2009

Notice anything different?



That is, about my face, or more specifically, my nose? Well of all the wonderful things that can happen to me, I end up getting a swollen nose that makes me look like Michael Jackson before his surgeries. I rarely get sick, but this kind of thing will happen, and it's such a pain. Literally. Somehow my nose became inflamed beginning Saturday when I woke up. It felt like somebody punched me or hit me in the face with a baseball bat. I googled the symptoms and couldn't find anything except a forum where people with the same symptoms said the same thing happened to them. No one ever figured out what it was, except one woman's doctor diagnosed it as an infection and put her on antibiotics and gave her a nasal spray. It's really weird because the swelling and pain is not inside the nose or the sinus cavities, but between the skin and bone on the bridge. Mine got progressively worse, so I decided to pay my doc a visit and this baffled him as well. We both opted for antibiotics (as much as I hate to take drugs), and they seem to be working because now it's progressively feeling better and I'm looking more Caucasian again. This is the kind of weird stuff that happens to me!

In other news, there's really not much to report, which explains my lack of regular postings. Since September, we've put our house on the market and only had one showing. It is a slow time of year. Hubby's business is still dead and we're not sure how much longer we can hold out. We may very well end up foreclosing if the cash doesn't start flowing again. He's taking classes and working on getting a bio tech degree. Things have been pretty tense for a while, but we'll survive. I don't have much to look forward to right now, but I am looking forward to the holidays and spending time with family. In the midst of all the chaos on the home front, I still have much to be thankful for.

1 comment:

Lis said...

i didn't even notice the nose....you are too cute! i love, love, love your chic hair!!!!!!! :)