1.08.2011

saturday

As I begin to renew various areas of my life each month, there are a couple of specific things I will be working daily. One is renewing my attitude. 2010 was a stressful year, but much smoother compared to the two previous years which were mentally exhausting as a result of some personal and family issues I'd been dealing with. The fact is, certain things may not actually get better or work out the way I want. I'm working on changing my attitude to accept things the way they are right now. Today. My goal is to accept what life has given me and learn to be happy with where I'm at and live within my means (The serenity prayer comes to mind here.). Not to say I'll become complacent. To me, life is all about self-improvement, or growth, if you will. I want to grow, but feel limited by certain things, so I'm aiming to live life to the fullest, yet working around my limitations.

The other area that needs renewal is my sense of time. Being a type B, "right-brained" person, I tend to loose focus on the task at hand. I need to improve my self-discipline in managing time and prioritizing. If I make better choices, I will be a lot less stressed and hopefully feel more accomplished each day.

So what's the goal for today? After I finish this entry, I'm going to go upstairs and do my one-hour workout with Jillian Michaels. Working out each day is also a top priority, but I fail to do so by not organizing my time well. Once I knock that out, I will begin to clean out the kitchen cabinet that has my boys' school and craft stuff. Grocery shopping is somewhere on today's agenda, as well as getting my little one to taekwondo. This afternoon, I have a two-hour commitment, but I'd like to paint a wall in my son's bedroom before dinner. If I get all of this done today, I'll enjoy a glass of wine and watch a movie with my hubby. Here's to a productive day!

No comments: