5.18.2011

post-concert blues

So here are the Arcade Fire pics I promised I would post, however, I don't recommend clicking on them to view them full size. Unfortunately, they didn't turn out as good as I thought, as they looked okay on the display screen of the camera, which is about the same size they are here. Oh well.



I do like the color of this one and how it's reminiscent of an impressionist painting.

The lighting on this one is cool. I like the contrast.




At least I had a blast though:


The following day, I felt kind of bummed. I thought it was because I had hoped for better seats, but really, it's just coming down from the excitement of an event that I had looked forward to for so long. I bought our tickets two months in advance and fantasized about the experience to every last detail including the outfit I wore. Then the day finally arrives! I even had butterflies in my stomach I was so excited! Then a mere 90 minutes later, it's over. POOF! Gone. All that anticipation disappears and I'm left with nothing to look forward to for a while. Kind of like the day after Christmas. It's really disenchanting, you know? I have to wonder if there are people who are have addictions to making plans and have to keep doing so to avoid depression. Or meds. Not that I'm depressed. I just have major summer fever. It's taken every ounce of me to be enthusiastic with my students. We're ALL anxious for summer break, which can't get here quickly enough! The days that were flying by are now excruciatingly long. But we only have a few days left. And I'm making plans. BIG plans. Two major things are in the works: one, a photo project that I've been planning for the past year and a half. It involves a rooster. That's why it's still "in the works." The other is a home chef business that I've been wanting to launch for the past two years as well. I've just been so mentally exhausted to think about it or plan for it. I've been talking about it for so long, people are going to think I'm a flake if I don't DO it. So it's time to stop making excuses and put both projects into action. Stay tuned!

No comments: