5.09.2011

what a weekend

This past weekend was one of those crazy, busy weekends with back-to-back commitments, but surprisingly, it was not overwhelming. In fact, it was exhilarating. And as busy as it was, I expected it to flee by, but when I awoke Sunday morning, I could hardly believe I still had a whole day ahead of me. By then, it felt like the weekend had lasted a week. So here's how it went...

On Friday, my older son and I went to a art fund raising event at my school kicking off our brand new Art Trust. Our school plans to acquire at least one new professional work of art each year, selected by students, to hang in our halls and inspire creative thought. The inaugural event had the final 16 that were voted on and the final five were unveiled in a ceremony. I just think it's the coolest thing and really commend my administrator for promoting the visual arts in this way. The program is modeled after a PA school and is just amazing.

Saturday I went to my cousin's graduation party, after working out and updating photos and this blog. :)



She's going to Guatemala this summer to do some mission work, then off to train to be a firefighter & paramedic. Go girl! I'm so proud of her.

Saturday evening, the hubby and I went to Numbers for the Clan of Xymox show. It was simply awesome. These guys have been around a while and sound very polished and professional, unlike many other darkwave, electro-synth bands we've recently seen. This show gave me the post-concert high I'd been craving. It was truly mesmerizing. I just love underground club shows. I only wish I had bought VIP passes for the meet & greet. Anyhow, I danced my bum off in my new Jeffrey Campbell platforms and got a few decent photos because I could get really close. I was about 20 ft. from the stage. And I've got an awesome new camera. The photos aren't perfect, but I'm still getting to know the camera. However, they needed absolutely no editing which is a plus.





Sunday, of course, was Mother's Day and for the most part pretty relaxing even though I had to complete the chores I'd put off until then such as grocery shopping and dog bathing. I got to leisurely linger in bed as my little alarm clock had stayed at my parents so we could go out the night before. He proclaimed that Mother's Day is a day when moms do all the chores and everyone else gets a break. Ha! I certainly didn't get a break from my motherly duties, but wouldn't want it any other way.

No comments: