10.18.2011

Trying to find the in-between...

The Naked And Famous - Young Blood from The Naked And Famous on Vimeo.


I can't believe it's been exactly five months since my last update! I had every intention of blogging my way through the summer, but things didn't work out as planned. I'm really good at planning things out in my head, but as my husband says, that's not where things happen. It wasn't all my fault though. We had canceled our internet at the beginning of the summer because the service was not up to par with what we were paying. Then we found better service with reasonable rates around the time school started. And I got back into the grind and let it go. Anyhow, I hope to post a detailed update soon with pictures.

As far as this song goes, it's my new anthem:
"the bittersweet between my teeth
trying to find the in-between
fall back in love eventually"

It speaks to my 20-yr-old self, but I can totally relate to it now on so many levels, not just literally. I feel like I've been in the process of achieving balance in my life for the past few years, only to be running a hamster wheel and getting nowhere. It's taken a toll and I feel that something's gotta give. There's so much I wish to accomplish and so little time. This is the story of my life. And if I don't actually start doing SOMETHING, my life will be over before I know it. My focus lately has been on prioritizing and time management. I need to sit down and have a little heart-to-heart with myself and figure out what I really need to do to feel accomplished and happy. I need to stop making up excuses and JUST DO IT. As runners will say, there are hundreds of reasons to quit the race, but you only need one to keep going. I get so overwhelmed by all my thoughts swimming around in my brain because I can go in a thousand different directions. Instead of choosing one to start with, I shut it all out of my mind and do something mindless, like play stupid ipad games that my son got me hooked on. Then I feel guilty. It's gotta stop. I'm going in circles. So it seems this song was written for just for me. The whole album is brilliant with its retro pop sound, happy synth vibes and overall uplifting mood. And it's currently selling on itunes for $8! Talk about a lot of musical bang for your buck! It's been inspiring to say the least. So now, I'm going to walk away from this computer and focus on what needs to be done RIGHT NOW, like feeding my family. Then I'm going to forget about detailing the kitchen and do something for me; just one little thing to feel accomplished, like I'm hopping off my hamster wheel and moving forward for a change. I feel link I'm on the brink of something big happening in my life. Like it's about to begin again.

No comments: